Friday 23 April 2010

Mould n Pour Friendly Plastic Moulds

I have had great fun the last couple of days with a batch of Mould n Pour I've just bought, and Friendly Plastic. It's only the second time I have bought it and the first time I wasted a lot of it and didn't do very well, but this time I am much happier with the results.

This is a friendly plastic frame taken from one I bought in Poundland, and a Tim Holtz Ornate Frame:-

And here are some musical instruments and a dressform and sewing machine which were novelty buttons, and the dolls house sewing machine from the other day.


So here is the canvas from a few days ago, but with the sewing machine and dressform replaced with the ones I have made, and another mould I made of a pair of scissors:-



I found it really satisfying and fun to make these items myself, as I felt more of the project was done 'from scratch'. I made some more moulds today but they are drying as I used clay and have glazed them. When I bought Mould N Pour before I thought it was expensive but that's because I made such a mess of it. Having managed to make a dozen moulds this time, it was well worth it. You can get the Mould N Pour from The Artistic Stamper or The Altered Element.

14 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed looking at your work in your recent postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with these moulded plastic frames etc - brilliant - I fancy having a go myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW these are fantastic - I couldn't get mould and pour to work either, so I gave up, perhaps I should have persevered!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love mould n pour, and it is such fun to use it with utee too :)
    Great ideas
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Can't wait to play with your moulds on sunday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always been tempted to use Mould 'n' Pour, may now have to 'Give it a go'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what you have created I saw this stuff once and forgot all about it very cleaver

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep fun stuff , mould and pour, and great frames!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lucy, your friendly plastic tutorials have been great...I bought some years ago and its high time I used it! The mould and pour looks very intesting, your frames are brilliant!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your frames turned out beautifully Lucy, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that frame is superb as the ones you can buy are so expensive

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seem to have missed your last few postings, how did that happen?? Must revisit my friendly plastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recognise the Poundland frame!!! I previously heard that Mould 'n' Pour was not very successful and so I never purchased it. Should I have a re-think? Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic frames, these are very good ideas, thanks for the inspiration. :o)

    ReplyDelete