Sunday 12 March 2017

Infusions with Shaving Foam for PaperArtsy Challenge

I was doing some experimenting for another project - more on that later - and hit on a fun technique but it was too much to incorporate the pieces into what i was doing. Ages ago i did a blog post for PaperArtsy using that old chestnut, shaving foam, and as the key to infusions seems to be different mediums i thought i would revisit this. I covered a baking tray with foil, shook the can well, and evenly spread a thin layer of foam, and then sprinkled with infusions. I then ran the brayer up and down, and then onto some pieces of canvas board. I then used up any excess on some card 'as you do'! There was a lot of texture on the canvas so i stamped into it with some background stamps, you can just see on the blue one, and left the panels to dry naturally.

The yellow piece of canvas here i thought i could use as a quick piece for the Infusions challenge. I covered some pre-made flowers with Tim Holtz crackle glaze and then sprinkled with Infusions. I used a Hot Picks flower stamped on acetate and painted from behind with frescos and a favourite Lynne Perrella tea cup lady stamp.

I am entering this into the PaperArtsy Infusions chall2017-topic-3-paints-withenge.

Saturday 4 March 2017

Gelli Plate Infusions Cards for PaperArtsy Challenge

Thought I'd do a quick post for the PaperArtsy Infusions and Paints challenge whilst I'm at Mum's, hence the tiled coffee table. I'm definitely not very expert with Infusions. I had my friend round to craft on Thursday and all my playing around was a mess. Then yesterday I decided to play with a small round gelli plate I hadn't used yet. I brayered on some cheap white acrylic paint and then sprinkled on the Infusions. I used orange county, the sage, are you cerise, and a bit jaded. I used a very small spritz of water. Then I used stencils, LB005, KD034, and another one I had with tiny circles. It was loosely based on an amazing blog post Ellie Knoll did for PaperArtsy.  I used some old square card blanks I didn't like very much as I was just playing and 'stamped' the gelli plate directly into the centre. Well, nearly the centre. Then I repeated the process until I had something I liked. It was glorious fun!

Then this afternoon Mum and I have had a lovely time. I got her some fabulous new colouring books and I'm going to wrench them off her later. So she's been happy whilst I've been getting some jobs done and finishing these cards off with some simple stamping in black archival. I used LB22 and LB29, and the feather from EDY09. Don't you just love that feather!

I am entering the Infusions and Paint challenge.