Friday 2 April 2010

Little Tins - Image Transfer

I love these little tins from the Altered Element! I have loads more plans for them. They are a good price and it is nice to be able to get stuck into decorating them without having any writing or colours to cover up first, as they are bare.

I've been experimenting with image transfer recently, and these two images were taken from the Crafty Individuals butterfly and flower image books and the backing peeled away so they are transparent. I coloured the tins with different colours of StazOn. The one on the left I kept whole and adhered with gel matte medium. For the one on the right I stamped the Crafty Individuals Flourish (another stamp that is never put away!) using Jet Black archival and then immediately rubbed the ink away with kitchen towel so it just lifted the colour. I then cut around the image transferred butterfly, stuck it down to the edge, traced the outline with Stickles, and finally added some adhesive gems.

13 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Lucy! The colours are so vibrant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and amazing, all at the same time! Love your projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Lucy. Happy Easter break x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool tins hun...sorry I haven't been by for a while...up to my eyes as usual...hoping your Birthday was fab...and loving all your latest pieces...hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these tins, the transfers look super !

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo love these Lucy -can we try these in class sometime :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out beautifully Lucy, love the "lifted ink" swirls on the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are lovely little tins and I like the bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the little tins. The transfers are brilliant especially the way you used it on the second tin..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous little tins, wonderful vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these little tins Lucy, the colours are beautiful. xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Find someone who smokes cigars... (cafe creme especially)The tins are just the right size for this project.

    ReplyDelete