Monday 5 April 2010

Venice Birthday Card

Our French friends, MP and Florence, share a birthday, and have just returned from celebrating it in Venice, a trip MP has been talking about for a year! He is going to show us his photos which I am looking forward to as I have never been, but my Oxford Impressions Venezia plate is one of my favourites. So, of course, I had to make them a Venice birthday card!

I showed Colin this card and he said, well, you haven't done much, you've only made a shrink plastic mask and stuck it on some background paper! I was very indignant and said, it's not background paper, I've used 12 stamps in total! I used a grey Versafine so that the stamps blend in to the background, then black StazOn for the mask. I hope you are a bit more discerning than Colin!

7 comments:

  1. ROFL - I could see straight away you'd spent a a lot of time on this Lucy. It has a lovely "olde worlde" feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Colin is ashamed of himself! It looks crinkled/stamped on tissue paper?? Have you done this or have you stamped over a patterned paper? looks fab however you have done it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card with lovely imagery !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love the taxtured look to the background xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe Colin thought that your background is just so perfect (LOL). I think so as well, the card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete