Thursday 29 July 2010

Tesco Cardi - Blinged Up a Bit!

Eeks, it's been ages since I blogged! I have been busy stamping, but it's been a bit Secret Squirrel for something exciting next week that I am a tiny bit part of. So I thought, I know, I will show you my blinged up 4 quid Tesco cardi! It is not very stampy, though! When I was in my teens I used to decorate and alter my clothes a lot, but nowadays I try to blend into the background with my clothes. It is difficult at my age not to be either dowdy or mutton-dressed-as-lamb! Sometimes I wonder if I should aim for a sort of 'arty/eccentric look'! So here is my cheapy cardi which I bought as I liked the colour. I thought I would change the buttons when I got home but then got carried away:-

All the buttons are odd. I then added extra buttons around the neckline on one side. I was a bit cross with myself as when I got my button caddy out I realized I had cut all the shanks off my favourite ones, with a view to sticking them onto a craft project. It's a bit like when I go to cook something and realize all my utensils are in my Melt Pot box! Having added the buttons I then made two corsages with chiffon pieces in different shades of blue from Poundland, and added my favourite buttons to the centre, and some adhesive gems. I popped these onto brooch-backs as I thought it would be easier when I come to wash it.

On another sartorial subject, I have a problem you may be able to help me with (Hels??). I have got Glossy Accents onto one of my favourite Firenze e Frederico jeans (aka Florence and Fred!). Unfortunately it looks as if I have been wiping my nose on my trousers, and everyone knows I can only reach my sleeve! Anyone any ideas for a solution?

Yesterday I went out with my lovely friend, Hazel (Dansmum if you are in UK Stampers). We went on a tour of the local charity shops and I bought loads of new clothes - would you be interested in seeing what I got? I also got a few things to alter but we will have to wait and see on that!

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. The cardi looks fab Lucy, love the sheer flowers! GA washes out if you catch it while it's wet but it sounds like yours has dried so as far as I know, you're facing the job of finding a creative way to decorate your jeans and make it part of the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came on-line especially to see this :) As wonderful as I expected. Now for the altered jeans! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am loving this! I use to embroider on my old jeans - years and years ago! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have done with the cardigan, it looks brilliant.
    As for the jeans - you could maybe try to carefully roughen up the fabric with a bit of a rough brush, soak it in cold water for about 10 minutes and then use some white spirit or similar. Afterwards put some washing up liquid onto the stain, leave for about 10 minutes and then wash it as hot as possible.
    I know it sounds complicated but at times it actually works - I think it depends a lot on the fabric. If you give it a try, it would be great to know if it worked. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea! It's so pretty Lucy! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What clever inspiring ideas. I'm off to review my wardrobe straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you've done to the cardi Lucy, and of course I want to see what you got in the charity shops, lol, x

    ReplyDelete