Friday 16 July 2010

Domino Accordion Books

Yesterday morning with my students we had fun making Domino Accordion Books. I had made one in advance, by way of a sample, using the Seaside Plate from the Artistic Stamper which I used for the Seaside Canvas the other day. I used a strip of the new Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby paper pack, which you can also get from the Artistic Stamper. Don't you just love these new paper packs? I have got this one, and Lost and Found and I just sit and look at them! I used Sepia ink for the accordion bit, and then black for the domino on the outside, the background of which I had coloured with different Sharpies. I used a corner rounder punch for the paper, to match the rounded edges of the domino.


The students did a great job, and they had 'homed in' on the Crafty Individuals stamps with rows of houses, perfect for a tiny accordion design. So in the evening, I decided to make another one, just for fun. I had my evening student, Jean, with me, and she is a lovely lady who has a very soothing effect on me. My other classes can be a bit manic but when Jean is here I sometimes managed to make something myself, which I never expect to be able to do as the students are my priority, but we seem to happily work on things together in companiable silence. Jean had very kindly brought me some 12 x 12 papers (and a much needed bag of blending sponges!) and one of the sheets was blue with tiny white stars, so it was absolutely perfect for the row of buildings. So here is version two:-







This time I coloured the front with StazOn colours, in three shades of blue. For the accordion bit, I added some flourishes (Crafty Individuals) and some touches of white opaque pen.

12 comments:

  1. they are both lovely, I especially like the row of houses with the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab little accordion books, they both look great Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful Lucy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both accordion books are so beautiful. My favourite is the one with the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. am liking all things mini at the moment :0 and these fit the bill perfectly :)
    off to try making a book, as never made one before
    Thank you for showing
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! You've inspired me to give it a whirl. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, those are awesome Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tres cool Lucy :) they are keeping you busy
    Luv Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice accordian books Lucy. Long time since I made one. Of course, I have all the materials just need to get it together !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love playing with dominos, and these are a great example of how versatile these are. Geat makes

    ReplyDelete