Thursday 10 September 2015

PaperArtsy - Launch Night for new Sara Naumann Eclectica Stamps

 
 

All this week on the PaperArtsy blog, the gorgeous September 2015 releases of stamps and new paints are being showcased, and tonight is the turn of delightful Sara Naumann and two new plates for the Eclectica line. I very nervously offered to contribute some samples for tonight, which I have not done before. I was outside my comfort zone as I normally gravitate towards dimensional items, and samples are normally flat so that they can go onto display boards at shows if needed. We were given a colour theme for the same reason, and Sara chose Guacamole, Glass Blue, Mermaid, and London Bus. Absolutely loved this colour choice! Her new stamp plates are Christmas themed, but can be used at other times of the year, and as with all Sara's ranges, features plenty of useful text and fonts. Here's the video with everyone's samples for today's launch.


For this first sample, a 5 x 7 inch canvas board, I started off with the Guaca at the bottom for the grass and blended into the Mermaid and then the Glass Blue at the top for the sky. I used the text and numbers in Snowflake on the background and Glass Blue through the new Hot Picks numbers stencil. I embossed the bird on a branch (love him!) in black and added Guacamole grungepaste grass and drips at the bottom. I did some Limelight drips for the stalks of the flowers which were made with the snowflakes from the set stamped in London Bus onto book text, and I stamped some individual leaves from the leaf sprig, also on book text to complete my quirky flowers.


 
For this sample I made a grungy background by covering a piece of 6 x 6 inch grey board with PaperArtsy script tissue, brayering it with a mixture of the colours knocked back with chalk, and then stamping a selection of the stamps. I stamped the leaf sprigs onto card painted with Guacamole to make little trees with Christmas present pots stamped with the Snowflakes, and added the Time for Reflection wording in a stamped frame. I think along with the bird, this leaf sprig will probably be my most favourite from these two sets!


This card is very minimalist for me! I started off with a white scalloped card base and added a blue mat as my 'Glass Blue' layer. I embossed the bird in black and gave him a blue gem eye. I added London Bus splatters and some twine with another of the buttons I made for the quirky flowers, and finished off with a rub-on saying 'Hallowe-en'.


As soon as I saw the leaf sprig within the Christmas set I thought of using it as a wreath. I think it would frame or provide a border for any of the wording in the sets. I again used a 5 x 7 inch canvas panel as I love the texture when you brayer on it. I brayered all the colours we were to use, and knocked them back until they were quite pastel, then used the Snowflake in Glass Blue. I used the LB leaf stencil with the Guacamole. I black embossed the wonderful Dickens' quote from 'A Christmas Carol', and added in some of the resin flowers PaperArtsy sometimes sell at the shows, painted with London Bus.


Huge congratulations to Sara on the gorgeous stamp releases. It really put me in a mood to make my Christmas cards and that is saying a lot for me! They are such versatile and charming stamps. I would love you to go over and see what Keren, Alison, Wanda, and Sara herself have made with the stamps. Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work with Sara's new stamps, Lucy. I love your little flower pots and the flower buttons too, and the drama of the red splatters on the b&w bird silhouette is fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four fabulous projects Lucy, all so different! I love the little button flowers, and those red splatters on the CAS card!
    Looking forward to seeing you next weekend,
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They ARE fabulous stamps aren't they. You rocked those samples too. I particularly love the reflections piece and the haunted bird. Wow!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you've done with these fab stamps Lucy. You have shown just how versatile they are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have returned and am now reunited with a good internet connection and my glasses that I left behind! Hurray, I can see again! Loving these samples, Lucy, each one so different and using Sara's versatile designs so brilliantly! I love how you used book text, spatters of red and those lovely button flowers. These are samples just bursting with fab new ideas! Great job, Lucy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy, all your samples are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! I really like each one and especially thought using individual leaves from the sprig for leaves for your followers was a way cool idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A feast of gorgeous samples! I love the idea of the potted flowers but they really are all special.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete