Tuesday 26 November 2013

Think and Wonder Plaque

I've made this plaque for the Artistic Outpost anything goes Referral Programme for November using the little girl from the Think and Wonder plate. I stamped her onto shrink plastic which I cut with the Tim Holtz arch die and then filled in the edges with the floral border from the Flapper Fashions plate and coloured it with Pro Markers. I painted the plaque with various green shades of Fresco Finish, giving a mottled effect.




I used some grunge paste through the Mini Art Is stencil and then mixed some with the Fresco paint and spread it through the Mini Chicken Wire. I stamped the plaque with text from French Flight and Flower Market in shades of green and blue Archival ink, and then the flowers and butterflies from Flower Market in Black. I filled in with the mesh from Whimsical Musings. I made some clay wings to go behind the shrink plastic arch and highlighted them with Treasure Gold in Ice Fire.

To finish off I edged the plaque with Ice Fire and added some pink hanging cord.

You can get Artistic Outpost stamps from them here

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty hanging, Lucy! Love that shrinky little AO girl! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and fresh. I love the shape of the plaque and the stamps you have used. I'm off now to check out those beautiful AO stamps and add them to my Christmas list. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fresh colours and so pretty.
    hugs {Brenda} xOx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bold zingy green, and how adorable does the T&W girl look all shrinky-dinked up (down?!)... Love the butterflies too - a delight on a grey day. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lucy, lovely hanging, I really like the butterflies and the wings you added behind the shirk plastic. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab composition Lucy and I love your colour choice. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lucy - this is absolutely stunning - what fantastic colours and such exquisite detail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous plate.Beautiful stamps and colours, also I like center arch and wings.

    Etsuko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Lucy, love the color of your background and all the elements are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's adorable, Lucy.Love those shining wings, and the little girl!

    ReplyDelete