Saturday 2 November 2013

Flower Canvas Inspired by Jo Myhill for Paper Artsy

 
 
This week Jo Myhill has been back at Paper Artsy as Guest Designer with some more beautiful artwork including showing us how to make a masterboard. I chose to make some of the Lin Brown Eclectica flowers and, like Jo, I don't have the die, so I did the same as she did and stamped them out to use the shape. I loved the colour combo of Frescos she used of Claret, Pewter, and French Roast!
 


I painted the six by six inch deep canvas with Vanilla and used grunge paste through the Mini Ledger mask and highlighted the raised areas and the edges with Claret on a piece of cut n dry foam. I used some of the buttons on the sides which we made during Alison Butterfly's recent week as Guest Designer, which I thought was a lovely idea and I knew I'd return to it.



I embossed the flowers as Jo had done with a dots embossing folder and highlighted them with Ice Fire Treasure Gold. I didn't have the embossing powder she used but I found an old one in my stash called Silver Pearl by do crafts which worked out ok. I coloured the resin flowers which I bought from the Paper Artsy stand at Ally Pally with more Ice Fire which I also used on the metal leaves.




I am entering this into this week's Paper Artsy challenge.

 

23 comments:

  1. very pretty - love the colours ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such the pretty floral canvas! Love those flowers and shades of pink. Enjoy the weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Lucy this is lovely, lovethe colours and the buttons on the side. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, vintagey colours and textures (love that stencil), great success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! I love the soft colors. And those flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful little canvas Lucy, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely canvas. The flowers look so effective and I love the way you used the buttons to decorate the sides. I will return to Alison's button idea sometime too. Love the way you adapted Jo's colours. Paper Artsy is such a brilliant place for learning new techniques and ideas, isn['t it? Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely canvas, that is a perfect stencil for adding just a touch of texture. the buttons look wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fine canvas, Lucy--such beautiful, subtle colors, and lots of gorgeous texture.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous canvas! Great colours and textures and I have to say I adore those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely. The flowers and leaves are gorgeous. Must get me some treasure gold

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely canvas!! Beautiful colours and textures. I love flowers, good effective.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your canvas is wonderful. Love all the details and the flowers that seem to be metallic

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's beautiful, such subtle colours. Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Lucy I love your flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really beautiful composition. Love the soft palette of colours.

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous take on the challenge Lucy. I love that colour combo too and Pewter is now a 'neeeed' on my wish list!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful canvas, the flowers are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely, Lucy - such a delicate, pretty colour palette, and all the texture looks fabulous! Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous canvas Lucy. I love the colour palette and the flowers stand out beautifully.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely colours and composition, Lucy. Those flowers stand out!

    ReplyDelete