Monday 6 June 2011

Crafty Individuals Does Steam Punk!

I made some cards using this gently steam punk influenced stamp by Crafty Individuals, CI296, with some extra butterflies cut from CI006. The reason for making these was that my kind student, Jean, brought me some gorgeous 6 x 6 papers the other day. I think they are called Funky Vintage, and this particular paper really spoke to me as going well with this stamp. I also thought it would work well with some of my Primark chain from earlier in the week, together with some shrink plastic cogs made from the Tim Alterations die.



Apologies that they are both quite similar, but the second one has a clock hand added. I used some of the cog stamps from CI294 to add to the background paper. I do hope Crafty Individuals will bring out some more steam punk inspired stamps, as they would be lovely with their pretty and soft style added to them.



I also used some chain hanging from a flower for this Ship card, using CI295. I never thought ships would particularly be my thing, but I love working with this collage stamp. I used a Gold Aqua Marker to bring out the pattern on the right hand border. The shell background paper is from Crafty Individuals Seaside background paper pack. I added a small ship from the Individual Elements set, CI294, the set with the cogs.

11 comments:

  1. Love these.... your backgrounds and coloring are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your great colors- and all of the great images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow fantastic pieces Lucy!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all visions of wonder and delight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning Lucy. I love those bg papers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Lucy. It was lovely to see you at the weekend.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these Lucy! They're fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Beautifully done...all three pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you have done the discovery ship luffly! Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete