I recently discovered the art of a wonderful woman called Jean Franks Beck, and I loved her projects where she dyed seam binding. I tracked some down and got some for myself and Lynne M. I cut it into lengths and put them inside a pizza box and spritzed them with mica sprays, each piece in different colours. I scrunched them up tightly whilst waiting for them to dry. They keep their 'scrunch' really well. I then ran a running stitch along one side and gathered them up into a flower shape, securing them with a stitch in places.
I am also getting the most from the perfume bottle as this is the box it came in! (My Mum had a very poor childhood and says they used to eat every part of the pig, including the squeak, and I think I am like that with my crafting). I painted the box bronze and then tried another technique which is new to me. I rolled out a piece of Fimo oven bake clay, cut around the box lid to get the shape, then pressed an embossing folder into it. I then highlighted the pattern with mica powders and metallic rub-ons. It is by no means perfect, but definitely something I will try again, and try to improve as I like the effect