Sunday 30 November 2014

Flower Card Inspired by Sue Carrington for Paper Artsy


I loved the card Sue Carrington made for Paper Artsy and I really wanted to give it a go as I had the stamps and stencils she had used and I don't make cards very often. I decided to make a couple of sheets in a masterboard fashion, following her steps, so that I could make some extra cards, and I've prepared some base cards above. I used Cheesecake, Butternut, Pumpkin Soup, Smoked Paprika, Brown Shed, and Cherry Red for the stencilling and then overstamped with the Ellen Vargo scratchy circle.

I black embossed the Ellen Vargo flower and then painted it with Cherry Red, Brown Shed, and Smoked Paprika. I doodled a bit on my scalloped book text edge. You see, I am trying to keep up the doodling, but anything involving being freestyle does scare me!!

I am not sure whether I need maybe some little orange painted buttons bottom right, but I was aiming for something fairly plain.

I am entering this into the Paper Artsy challenge, inspired by Sue Carrington.


6 comments:

  1. I almost had a go at this too - Sue's card is gorgeous, and I love your version too. You've been very busy today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Helen said... and you should do more cards, they're lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card, Lucy. It has a lovely autumn vibe! That is my favourite season and this card captures it perfectly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with beautiful colours Lucy.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!!!! I really like your colors and the doodling is very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely autumnal colours - this has a real glow about it.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete