Wednesday 9 February 2011

Charming - Gingersnaps Charms Challenge

Today's challenge on Gingersnaps is to use charms in your creation. The charm at the top is an Art Mould, made up in gold friendly plastic.

I used the Baroque Sizzix die to cut two pieces of mountboard and two pieces of Vintage Shabby paper to give strength to the hanging and so I could sandwich the dangling charms in place, and neatly finish off the back. I used a selection of charming Art Journey children stamps, some of which I borrowed from Alison when she was here last week (thanks Alison!). I used some of the words on the background, then the images for the inside of the container, which was from Crafty Individuals.

I finished it off with some german scrap, again from Crafty Individuals, and an ABC charm.


The baby themed charms are hanging from a clothing tag, sandwiched between the layers of mountboard

A close up showing the Crown mould

7 comments:

  1. i think this is so lovely and it does make me smile! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful and completely sweet! A truly charming piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, as well as the piece above! I'll have to try using the tissue tape the way you did - it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I luv this project. Nice to have friends that have things you don't, isn't it! That's what friends are for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your Charm hanging and the piece above, both gorgeous. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful piece of art Lucy! Glad to be able to help out with those images! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful piece. Love the shape and the images.

    ReplyDelete