Tuesday 19 January 2010

Bird and Nature Themed Stampbord Mirror

Yesterday Alison came over and we had a brilliant day crafting. She is such a giggle, and always makes something amazing! A while ago I bought a pack of plain large mirror pieces and gave one to her, so she suggested we framed them with stampbord pieces. I'm sure she will be uploading hers later, and it is divine!

So here is mine. Not a very good photo as it is difficult not to get the reflection in the mirror. I used a selection of nature stamps from Crafty Individuals, including the brand new Bird plate, CI 265. It was this set which determined my choice of both domino and square stampbord pieces as I wanted to capture the birds' beaks (I'm sure Jack will tell me what kind of birds they are). So I kept the assymetry in the way I placed them on the frame, and also with the green accent beads. I did a little scratching back, but nothing too heavy.

I started a matching box yesterday so I hope to get that finished and blogged soon.













12 comments:

  1. That is beautiful Lucy - looking forward to seeing the box too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift for anyone who loved birds. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's truly gorgeous Lucy, and even more so IRL! Thanks for a wonderful crafty day!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, me thinks these may be American Birds. The bottom right (on the mirror) is definitely a Woodpecker and might be a black one. The other two look like Snipe/Woodcock. Whatever they are you have made some fabulous pieces with them. As Alison said even more so IRL!
    Jack xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous mirror Lucy...loving those new CI stamps of the birds with the long beaks...fab for the donimo Stampbord I bet...sounds like you two both had a grand time :O)) Hugs x

    BTW, the birds...they are...lesser and greater spotted long necked beaky birdys...indiginous to Yarm, I believe ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this is amazing, Lucy - a real work of art! I can't wait to see the box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE this mirror frame.....just beautiful : )

    ReplyDelete