Wednesday 22 June 2016

Powertex Bronze Plaque - PaperArtsy Fabric Challenge


I have made a Powertex reverse canvas for the PaperArtsy Fabric challenge theme which I thought could act as a plaque on the side of a house as it will be weatherproof. In fact, although it doesn't look it, it is mainly bronze and will match the fairy I made before so I will give it to Mum's wonderful carer. Maybe she would like it for the outside of her summerhouse for her daughter. Daughter is coming home from Uni for the holidays and her boys have got so used to not having to share a bedroom where the younger one moves into her room during termtime, that Mum has created this amazing den in the garden with her own hands for her to sleep in. I guess it means she keeps a bit of the independence and privacy she has become used to, too. In termtime, when the now all male household gets too much for Mum, she goes out there to ring me for our natters.


It was really hard to get a photo as the colours are really bronze, copper, green, and rose gold, with touches of white. I love the texture but in the photo it looks a bit tatty because you can't really see the depth of the canvas so it looks as though the  lovely trailing pieces round the edges are layered on top of everything else in a haphazard way. I made the face with clay and the flower is die cut and filled with little balls.

I'm not totally happy with it, but it does look quite pretty in real life and will be a good companion for the fairy. I am linking this up to the PaperArtsy fabric challenge.

10 comments:

  1. it doesn't look tatty or haphazard Lucy, its fantastic. Well done for making the face yourself too. Wonderful art for someone to love, my friend!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful, I'm just learning to use Powertex it is a fantastic product with so many possibilities. Have to learn from the mistress. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It looks amazing Lucy. I'm staggered that you're not completely happy with it... Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully grungy piece Lucy, looks like you did a great job with it to me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning mix of texture and the colors are beautiful with the shimmer and changing effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab texture in this fab piece Lucy !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks gorgeous Lucy! Tatty? yes maybe, but as in distressed, vintage sort... the one we crafters love! And the shine looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this - I also have some powertex still, so I think I will need to get it out. ALSO, thanks for your nice comment on my blog! You have a no-reply blogger account, so I can only react via your blog..

    ReplyDelete