Monday 7 January 2013

Crafty Individuals' Mixed Media Canvas Board


I have Petra to thank for this canvas as she came round for a crafting session and kindly brought lots of brand new goodies for me to play with - Ferro, Puff Paint, Treasure Gold, and Liquid Gold - and gave me a huge piece of Tim Holtz Melange Tissue Wrap. I am a big fan of the tissue wrap but I hadn't come across the Melange which has gorgeous butterflies and other imagery on it. I wanted something to slap it onto straight away that would give me scope to try out the other products as well so I grabbed a really large canvas board, which is bigger than A4 in size and completely covered it. Petra recommended mixing the puff paint with the ferro and I applied it through a new distressed harlequin stencil I recently got from Happy Daze, although I think I will use a greater proportion of puff paint next time so it is more dimensional. The whole thing was really experimental as I've not really used any of these products before. I then painted the diamonds with the Liquid Gold and blended the Treasure Gold in two colours over the top. It has an amazing sheen and shimmer but I hadn't known it would just go in the gaps and the Liquid Gold would resist it - as I say, experimental!

That was before Christmas and at that stage I didn't know where I was going with it next! So I picked it up a couple of days ago and added a couple of images from Crafty Individuals' 'People and Places' and used another of the images as an image transfer on a Poundland coaster. I used CI 347 which is the row of Butterflies and added some pearls to them. I applied some modelling paste around the edge of the images and smeared some bead gel in places over the canvas. I chose Distress Ink colours to go with the colours in the CI images and sponged them over the whole canvas and the bead gel. Finally I sponged black ink around the edges.

Thank you so much Petra for all the goodies to make this!

11 comments:

  1. Ah, you finished it! It looks absolutely fab! Fantastic stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lucy! This canvas is beautiful! First of all, I love the blended, muted colors...soft but yet bold at the same time. I also love all of your random stamping. It works so well together. The textured harlequins are superb! The bits of butterflies, vintage images, etc. are all perfectly placed! Thanks for the very nice comment you left on my blog this morning. Your thoughts are much appreciated! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your beautiful muted canvas Lucy. How brilliant to play with Petra, am sure you girls had a great time. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year like the colours on this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to play with new products Lucy and what a fab result !
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this - great mix of imagery.
    Oh how I miss those coasters, Poundland in Perth no longer sell them (either that or I bought up all the stock!), anyway I am treasuring the few I have in my stash.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the dimension you have created with the paints and mixing the gold is gorgeous! What a great canvas and hopefully it is up on a wall! How fun to play with new goodies! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely, Lucy. Especially the textured gold diamonds( you can also heat ferro which makes it more dimensional).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - this is completely stunning! Isn't it funny how sometimes a piece just needs to marinade for a while to find out what happens next?! Looks like you had loads of fun with those crafty goodies! I wouldn't be without the Ferro and the Treasure Gold now!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Lucy I love the colours of this - great canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun to have a chance to play with all those new products! Petra is a good friend and your canvas is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete