Tuesday 11 December 2012

Choosing the Christmas Tree




Over on the Happy Daze blog today I have made a Christmas card using the Artistic Outpost Sleigh Ride set depicting two little girls choosing their Christmas tree in a wintry forest. Dear Petra was here as consultant when I was finishing this off and she suggested I go into the garden to take the photo. Now I am what I call an indoor cat and don't believe in going outside unless it is really necessary. Colin is in and out all the time like a fidler's elbow, walking leaves into the house. It was good advice anyway, and the photo on Happy Daze is amidst a fir tree, but I also rather liked this lichen covered wooden bench which is full of character. Petra and I had a lovely day together and she also kindly gave me the snowflake charm, which was the perfect finishing touch.

I am entering this card into the Artistic Outpost December referral programme which is Anything Goes. You can buy their stamps direct from them if you are in the US, or from Happy Daze if you are in the UK.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you had a lovely day with Petra, and love your card Lucy and its nice to see your photographed card outside on the terrific wooden bench. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a cute card - childhood memories of going to the Christmas Tree lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card- I love the images you used- the girls are so sweet and the charm is so pretty! Love the scene of the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Lucy, I love that sweet image!
    I try to take most of my photos outside, weather permitting, the colours are always much truer.
    Glad you had a nice day with Petra, I always enjoyed my crafty days with you :)
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely nostalgia to this and yes, the snowflake charm is a perfect addition.
    Glad you had such a lovely day together.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those young girls looks so pretty standing in front of the pine trees! Love the red framing! How nice to spend some time with Petra and sharing the love of crafty goodness! Hope you are enjoying the week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Christmas card - wonderful scene you created with the sweet children! Thanks for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost - Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete