Tuesday 27 November 2012

Crafty Individuals' Stampbord and Pine Cone Reverse Canvas


I thought I had better blog this as it's now on the Crafty Individuals' blog! It is a large reversed canvas, about 10 inches/25 cms square I think. I covered the inside and the edges with a vintage Christmas design tissue paper which has Christmas trees and Christmas scenes on it and then gave it a whitewash of picket fence Distress Stain and edged it with Vintage Photo DI.

The main part of the inside of the frame comprises a Kars embellishment tray which was kindly sent to me by Elaine from Quixotic Paperie when I placed an order a long time ago. Thank you, Elaine, and I'm sorry it has taken me so long to make something with it. The story was, I was ordering some embellishments and asked if they came in one of these lovely wooden trays and she said, no, they don't, but I have one and will send it to you! The compartments are the perfect size for one inch stampbord pieces which I stamped with a variety of Crafty Individuals' Christmas stamps, coloured them with DIs, and did a little scratching back. I painted the tray with Fired Brick and sprinkled it with glass glitter. I had a piece of Coredinations card stock in the same colour which I embossed with a Cuttlebug musical notes folder and sanded it, and tore the edges.




To decorate the edges of the frame I made some pine cones out of Coredinations cardstock and a clay Christmas tree from a Krafty Lady art mould. I finished off with some mulberry flowers and holly leaves.

I had a lovely day today crafting with my very dear friends Jean, Jack, and Pauline. Jack is now the owner of the canvas for her Christmas home decor!





 

15 comments:

  1. Your inside out canvas is lovely, Lucy, and am sure your friend loved it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, what a great canvas board in reverse! Love the windows and those pinecones are simply fabulous! So glad you had a fun crafting day with friends! Oh how I wish I could be there and have a play date! Enjoy the evening! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous canvas Lucy, the pine cones are a great addition.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of Stampbord and the pinecones are fabulous.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another super Christmasy piece, Lucy!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Lucy, love the colours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy, this is so beautiful! I love StampBoard. You've made such a pretty piece inside that canvas... fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great make, love the way you have used the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful piece of Christmas home decor, the pine cones a lovely addition to the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pine cones Lucy!! A great piece of artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous piece of art, this would make a wonderful Christmas gift if you could part with it that is ! Such fabulous detail and beautifully crafted.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the details on creating this fabulous piece!

    ReplyDelete