Friday, 8 October 2010
Mon Ami Pierrot!
I was sent this blank papier mache mask box and some other items (for another day!) from the Altered Element for my DT work this month. At first my mind was a bit blank as I was thinking of it as a doll's face, then when I started to think of it as a mask the rest was easy! So I hope you like my Pierrot!
You will need:-
Papier Mache Mask Box
Shrink Plastic - White
White Acrylic Paint
StazOn Jet Black
All from the Altered Element.
White Broderie Anglaise or similar
Black Marker Pen
White Tissue Paper
Any mask stamps
1. Paint the box inside and out with the white acrylic paint and leave to dry. Meanwhile, stamp a selection of mask stamps on white shrink plastic, cut out, and shrink.
2. Stamp the Harlequin Stamp on tissue paper with Black StazOn, and use the Gel Medium to adhere it to one side of the mask, down the centre.
3. Draw a diamond shaped eye on the other half and add tears, using the black marker pen, and add Glossy Accents to the tears.
4. Cut a piece of the lace a little longer than you will need, fold over the rough ends, then use a gathering stitch to gather it into a ruff and stick to the bottom of the mask as shown.
5. Finally, adhere the shrink plastic masks around the sides of the box. Warm then slightly again with the heat gun so that they curve around the edge.