Tuesday 22 December 2009

And the Final One!



This is my final Tim Tag, and was a shameless vehicle for Grungepaper roses, which I love. They were stamped with the large plain flower from the Artistic Stamper Flower Power set, which is such a useful plate, and the blue one was then stamped with the Dots Background, and finally I added some leaves. The roses dictated the colourscheme, which was Worn Lipstick, Broken China and Faded Jeans, and I liked the pink and blue with the bright white of the metal garland. I used Artistic Stamper Holly and Snowflakes and a bit of water flicking as before. The music script in both corners was stamped on greaseproof paper, which came about as Alison turned up at my house and said, 'do you have any plain vellum', and I said 'no, only greaseproof paper', which was meant as a joke but actually it works ok.

I then added the Fragment Bauble and Wish sentiment used on previous tags, quite simply because they were left overs and were sat on my workdesk, and I would only otherwise have put them in the Christmas box in the attic until next year, so they needed to be stuck down on something! I think as a result I have overdone things a bit but I'm not going to be too hard on myself because I learnt such a lot by having a go at these tags. Tim packed such a lot of techniques and design features into each one, and it took me out of the confines of my normal style to try them, and I found it so rewarding to feel more comfortable with the projects than I thought I would. As a result, it has given me some ideas for the coming year.

2 comments:

  1. Love all the elements on this tag Lucy, it's gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the tags you have made. I really do like the flowers you so beautifully make (yes, including the flowers on my gift!) Lynne

    ReplyDelete