Friday 1 October 2010

Trellis Card with Silkies

I recently made a batch of cards for a lovely lady called Sue, from Imagination Crafts, the company who make Silkies which are my new favourite product! The company specialize in mica based products which have a high degree of shimmer, but what sets the Silkies apart from other similar products I have used before is that they have very good coverage, so you can use them on grunge (covering that awful grey!), shrink plastic, and other difficult surfaces. They come in little nail polish style bottles with a brush, but you can sponge or brayer them on.


This isn't the card I intended to show you but I have been having massive problems with Blogger for several days, and have literally spent the whole day today trying to sort it out, as the kind people trying to help me can testify. If I can upload the other cards I will. For this card I used the Small Kasbah stencil from Imagination Crafts. The other cards I made used it in a Moroccan Screen style, but for this card I wanted it to look like a garden trellis with a plant growing up it, so I sponged Paris Trunk inks in Sprig and Sepia through the stencil. I stamped the fuchsia twice on white card and decoupaged it, curving the petals slightly. The main bloom has been coloured with Silkies to make it stand out, so you can see how opaque the coverage is over the veins, and the centre filled with Deko Ice from the Altered Element, which I coloured with alcohol ink. The others were painted with the pearly paint palette, also from Imagination Crafts.

1 comment: