Friday, 5 February 2016

Button Heart Canvas for PaperArtsy Hearts Challenge

The current challenge on PaperArtsy is Hearts. I had some gold tissue left from Christmas so I used it to cover an 8 x 8 box canvas to give a really rich gold. I wanted to make a heart shape purely out of buttons, painted with Fresco paints. I used pink and purple shades and some blends, Bougainvillea, Pansy, Lavender, Purple Rain, Rose, and Orchid. I also used a wash of colour on some book page and stamped the tiny 'flowers' from Sara Naumann Eclectica 17 to pop in the centre of a few of the buttons for some variation. I love this set!

I am entering the challenge which is here. Do pop over and see the current new product releases and gorgeous samples which are being shown all week on the blog!

Friday, 22 January 2016

Gilded Heart Bottle for PaperArtsy

Happy New Year! I am delighted to have a post on the PaperArtsy blog for their Hearts theme. I have used gold embossing powder to gild the inside of a heart shaped bottle from the inside and then added Wisteria Fresco paint. I would be thrilled if you popped over there to see the details.

I made this as a home decor piece to put artificial flowers in for my room at Mum's. My mum in law bought me some beautiful new bedding for Christmas to go in there. Unfortunately the walls are a disgusting dingy peach and it was last decorated when I was eleven, but apart from that the colourscheme I am working towards is mainly shades of purple so you will probably see a few more purple items pop up. As some of you know, I am Mum's weekend carer and I am trying to make the room my retreat, and not at all what Colin would put up with at home.

Tomorrow Mum will be 88 and I am organizing a family afternoon tea for all of us at her house.

Friday, 15 January 2016

Slide Mailer for PaperArtsy Transparent Art Theme

Over on PaperArtsy the Challenge Theme is Transparent Art. I thought I would decorate a slide mailer, using the microscope slides as the transparent aspect. I used the Hot Picks stamp set, HP1009. I love the flowers from this set. I also used the script from HP 1304. I painted the slidemailer with Blush Fresco and then added a little Orchid to it to stamp the script. I stamped the slides themselves with the flowers in Frosting Glaze fresco, although it's difficult to see. I then stamped the small flower from the set onto packaging acetate which I'd saved, in Jet Black staz-on and painted it from behind and cut them out. I used Golden Gel Matte to adhere the slides to some scraps of Thorndon Hall paper (wish you could still get this) on which I had stamped some of the script in the Orchid mix. I used some more scraps of the paper for the back of the lid, with some velvet ribbon.

For the front I simply cut a really beautiful piece of the Thorndon Hall paper which had cherubs on it, and made a cherub out of a mould and clay, and painted it with gold paint. I might put a mirror on the inside of this; I think it would be pretty and useful on my dressing table at Mum's as my colourscheme is purple and pinks.

I am entering this into the PaperArtsy transparent challenge.

Monday, 21 December 2015

Christmas Wishes

I didn't want my last post of the year to be such a sad one so I have decorated this chirpy Christmas tree which was a wooden box which contained M and S truffles last Christmas. I have used lovely JoFY bauble stamps from PaperArtsy and Fresco paints. Thank you so much for the kind comments I have received; it means so, so much to me.

Christmas, I hope, will bring me healing quiet and rest and freedom from responsibilities for me to come to terms with what has happened. I hope you all have a very happy, peaceful, and relaxing Christmas, surrounded by those you love.

Friday, 4 December 2015

RIP Big Davy

My Beloved big brother David died on 20 November 2015.

Looking up at him adoringly in my Pixie hat, knitted by Mum

He had to have what everyone else was having!

What a heartbreaker!

He played flute, sax, and guitar

Friday, 13 November 2015

Colour Block Christmas Tree - Abstract Art for PaperArtsy

Over on the PaperArtsy blog I am delighted to have my attempt at a piece of abstract art with a colour block Christmas Tree made out of wooden blocks from old rubber stamps.

Thank you so much for looking!

Friday, 23 October 2015

Japanese Faces Fan for PaperArtsy Faces Challenge

Over on the PaperArtsy blog, the theme is Faces. Definitely outside of my comfort zone by several planets! Wearable art was much more me. I totally commend my lovely friends and fellow bloggers who have had a go and shown such talent and spirit. There was a brilliant intro to the topic where Leandra featured lots of lovely people, many of whom I know and admire, and I would love it if PaperArtsy brought out some more face stamps from amongst the clever people out there that folks like me could use in our crafting. For now I am entering the challenge in a rather desultory way, with this fan, using Japanese faces from the wonderful Lynne Perrella range (022 and 023 and Asian plate 4), using Fresco paints and some Gloss Glaze for a lacquered look.