Monday 18 October 2010

Art Journey Inchies Stampbord Mirror

I mentioned yesterday I had made loads of Stampbord Inchies with the new Art Journey set which I had intended to use on the copper frame for Petra, but decided it was over-doing it. So I have now made another of these mirrors, and apologies as I do seem to make these rather a lot! I dabbed the Stampbord pieces with Kaleidacolor Pastels, using more of the Peach and Pink on some, and more of the Mauve and Blue on others as I don't like the colours to merge with the ones next to them too much. Likewise I alternated between people images and abstract ones. I then sanded the edges, then edged them with StazOn in Gold, then glazed them with Glossy Accents and left them overnight, as I always dip my elbows into them otherwise! I then did my usual trick so that I could stick them together in a straight line, by turning them over and sticking them to each other with red line tape before sticking the mirror in place, otherwise it is really tricky. Who shall I give this to, I wonder?






A bit closer up!   

16 comments:

  1. Lucy -

    This is stunning! You can continue to show us all the mirrors you want, I love your art!

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool! What a great mirror!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely don't mind seeing all the mirrors you create. They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its terrific Lucy, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the inchies sheet, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely idea for a frame !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, what a great idea for the inchies! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, looks so custom and funky! love the tiled look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never tire of looking at your mirror frames, lol. Another fantastic piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty project! Totally gorgeous as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So enjoy your mirrors! This is a stunning frame and I love the shades of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Lucy, love the frame! So fab! I so the same with glossy accents, I'm always managing to mess it up as some point in the drying process - so must remember to let it dry!
    Fab to be working with you on The Altered Element!
    Have a good evening!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another wonderful frame Lucy! They are fun to make, aren't they?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely frame Lucy.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog :-)
    Love these inchies here. Fab colours!

    ReplyDelete