Friday 31 October 2014

Box Canvas with Tissue Paper Textured Flowers Inspired by Anneke de Clerck for Paper Artsy


When I saw this Box Canvas by Anneke de Clerck on the Paper Artsy Blog I knew I had to try the technique! Anneke used little pieces of screwed up tissue paper to added texture and dimension to the flower heads from JoFy No 26 which I recently purchased, and a gorgeous colour scheme on a box canvas. I have copied what she did as closely as possibly, limited only by what I had, as I find this the best way to learn new techniques and styles, and I do find I am learning. You can see the dimension in this side view:-


This has been a rushed job as it is a few minutes from the deadline so I will add a little more to the sides and some of the barer areas tomorrow and take some daylight photos but I am pleased with the result and I really enjoyed it. (Mr Less is More has just walked in and told me to leave it alone). I didn't have the set with the square so I doodled it, and I used Joy from JoFy 28 instead of the alphabet which is what has left me with bare areas. I didn't have the same flower and leaves for the base so I used Darcy's lovely new set, 10.

I am entering this into the Paper Artsy challenge if you are not too fed up with me!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! How did you do it? I never thought you would manage to squeeze one more project in; but you did it! I love Anneke's work and your take on the box canvas is lovely! Great dimension on those flowers and a wonderful colour palette. Phew! I'm out of breath now myself! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project, Lucy! I love your little tissue flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lucy, well done for squeezing in another project:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful canvas, I'm impressed! Thanks again for taking part in the PA challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely canvass Lucy, greasy fresh colours x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, didn't see the original, yours is fantastic! I love the 3d flowers and the composition, such a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous canvas...Love the flowers & perfect colours... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the added texture. Beautiful canvas, Lucy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic idea for a great effect.

    ReplyDelete