Thursday 30 October 2014

Shrink Plastic Bauble Card Inspired by Wanda Hentges for Paper Artsy


The Paper Artsy blog is proving to be a good motivation for me to make some Christmas cards which is something I struggle with every year. I bought Jo Firth Young's A5 plates 27 and 28, the ones with the baubles, when I saw her demo-ing at the Craft Barn recently, and there has been some terrific inspiration on the blog this month also. Being a deadline person I am up against it to get all the things I fancied from this month made in time, especially as I have been away and tied up with family and health stuff as always. I am enjoying getting stuck into the crafting though and it's good for the morale.

This card was inspired by a delightful lady, Wanda Hentges, who made a gift card containing shrink plastic bauble earrings. What a great idea to wear for Christmas dinner! I used to be an HR Manager and we dared one of my colleagues to wear her Christmas cracker hat all afternoon after the Christmas lunch one year. She was always up for a joke. The only thing was, she had a disciplinary hearing that afternoon, and Yes, she did wear it!

For my card I used the new Jo Fresco colours, Turquoise and Cherry Red, which I love, and made two different sizes of shrink plastic baubles, and drew on the hanging bit with a white gel pen. Jo is great at doing doodling and I have mentioned before that I always forget to try it and I am not very good at it. I thought whilst I had the pen in my hand, the black and Kraft cardstock were a good time to give it a go. Must keep trying!

I am entering this into the Paper Artsy challenge, Inspired by Wanda Hentges. Right, off to finish my Julie Ann inspired folder now!

5 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS card Lucy, love the doodling, kraft card is an amazing substrate and your colours work really well with it :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your crafting and you spirits up! Well worth it... love the Kraft and chalkboard combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, Lucy! I'm so hopeless at creating Christmas cards! You've really got 'stuck in' and started the ball rolling with some fabulous interpretations of the PA designers this month! I loved Wanda's 'makes' and I really like what you have created in response too! Hang on in there with the doodling! It's looking good! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is wonderful including your doodles!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete