Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day Card



Happy Valentine's Day! This is the card I made for Col, which I took to France to give to him on the day, but it has ended up being carried back with me. It is a very, very simple card, which is what he likes. I covered the 6 x 6 card blank with Crafty Individuals' background paper and put the edge of the card through the Tim Holtz On the Edge die, and inked the edges. I stamped the Crafty Individuals' stamp in Black, and made the flowers with the Tattered Florals Die out of satin fabric, and singed the edges.

It will probably be a funny old Valentine's Day tomorrow, in our strange circumstances, but at least I will be with my loved one.

Tomorrow's blogpost will be the last of the things I had already scheduled. I made a number of things before I went away but they are floating in water now.

7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Lucy!!! Love the stamped image - very effective and love the satin flowers! Hope you have a great day and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Lucy I am sure Colin loves it. Hope you have a good day together.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just caught up with your flooding woes - so sorry to hear that. Hope things get sorted without too much hassle for you. The card is lovely and, as you say, having loved ones around is all that matters in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucy. Lovely card. Hope you both enjoyed the day despite all that is going on.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Love that ornate edge. It makes me so sad to think of your things in water. Hope today is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card, Lucy--I'm so sorry for your troubles, but at least you have your sweetie!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valentine special day creations on the cards look so pretty.I really like this cards images red heart.

    Promosyon

    ReplyDelete