Wednesday 1 February 2012

Crafty Individuals' Challenge - Spring

Crafty Individuals have now blogged their new challenge which is Spring! Bring it on! You now have two months rather than one month to enter their challenges and I have just seen what my DT colleagues have made - Wow! So do go and take a look.

This is my offering. I painted the frame first then covered it with Spring background papers which I have always loved (although check out the Summer ones!). I did some background stamping with CI 258 (Words), CI 171 (Harlequin), and CI 194 Music Script. I then stamped the Swirls (CI 235) in a stronger colour, Sepia. I stamped the Butterfly Girl but cut away her butterfly wings (that was fiddly!) so I could add some corrugated metal wings I got for Christmas. I painted her dress with some watered down pink paint I had left on my craft sheet from painting the frame (as you do!). I added a crown to her head athough it does look a bit like it is floating, maybe a halo?! I sponged all the edges with Sepia ink and added a bit of faux German Scrap below the roof (Tim's tip of using his Vintage Lace die, I think I will be doing this a lot). Normally when I make these frames I can't resist a clock at the top, so I tried to be different and used a smiling sun mould in clay - because we will have a very sunny Spring!

8 comments:

  1. Love the colours for Spring - is the sun one of your moulds?
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So springy and so lovely!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This masterpiece is certainly a Spring beauty! Love it! The sun mould looks right a home and you reminded me that I have to do more playing!! Love this! I need to order some stamps from OI, but so many and not sure which to order first! You have some Artistic Outpost stamps and they are having a really great prize this month, so go check it out! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, love these papers (got the summer ones, lol). xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. positively beautiful! your piece demonstrates all the hope that sprng brings to us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Lucy! Your colors are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your frame is stunning Lucy! xox

    ReplyDelete