Wednesday 15 February 2012

Gingersnap Creations Challenge - Use a Faux Technique

On Gingersnaps today we are asking you to try a Faux Technique! We have a wonderful sponsor for February, Rogue Redhead Designs, and for this card I have used the girl reading, leaning up against a tree, from the Relish Reading plate. Thank you so much Shar for letting us have these stamps. I love this plate of stamps! I love reading and there are not many reading designs out there. For my faux technique I have used a wonderful tutorial which is in the Gingersnaps Tutorial Guide, by Valerie Brincheck. Thank you so much Valerie! I have used her Faux Rusted Metal technique for the bookplate and I really enjoyed it and will use it again. I have lots of ideas for it, for when I am up and running again. The flowers are my own faux technique for making flowers with clear packaging material, which was on Gingersnaps on Sunday.


Gingersnaps will be going through some changes but you will be pleased to hear that the tutorials will still be available to access. This is an amazing resource I have gained a lot from. Have a look at Shar's plans for the future here. I am pleased to say I have been invited to be involved although I need to get myself into a settled position following being flooded out of our house. We have a lot of work ahead of us. The day I start creating again will be a happy one, I am sure.


10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Lucy - love the colours.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lucy. Hope you are OK, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love your stacked flowers, Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful techniques chosen to showcase--beautiful piece--I love this shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Lucy.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy, this is just so sweet and I love the flowers! I hope you are doing well? Take care and I am sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is great and awesome technique to make special cards.It look so fabulous.Flowers are really attract the beauty in cards.

    Promosyon

    ReplyDelete