Wednesday 12 July 2017

PaperArtsy Aqua Challenge - Lynne Perrella Bracelet





I am delighted to have a project on the PaperArtsy Blog and I would love you to pop over and have a look. The current challenge is Aqua, and the stamps I am working with are Lynne Perrella, her three newest stamp sets. I chose to make a bracelet using some flat wooden beads, shrink plastic, and various shades of aqua Fresco Finish paint. I also used a gorgeous new stencil by Kay Carley for the little sprigs on the beads.

I pressed the shiny side of the frosted shrink plastic onto the black StazOn so that I could colour the image on the reverse using ProMarkers, and I used Aquamarine Treasure Gold around the edge of the shrunken pieces. You can just see in this photo my aqua nail varnish!




I was shocked when I came on here to type this up how long it is since I have blogged. I am just emerging from a rather up and down period in my life. After Colin's Mum had her stroke, he became ill and my Mum had her handbag stolen with doorkeys, debit card, and cash, and the house was ransacked. We felt we had no choice but to go ahead with five day a week live in care, with myself continuing with the weekend care. I set this up along with some adaptations to the house whilst Colin was in hospital. He was diagnosed with a lifechanging brain condition, but fortunately has responded dramatically well to treatment. Mum is now very settled with three regular and very compassionate carers and I have a wonderful person who can do a weekend for me now and again. Colin and I are feeling happy and positive about the future, and my anxiety levels are improving. And I'm looking forward to going to Stevenage next month and hopefully other days like that!

Would love to have a comment from you here or on the PaperArtsy blog and hope not to be such a stranger from now on.



6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful project, Lucy. You are the Queen of wearable art. I have left a comment on the PA blog. I'm really looking forward to the projects you have lined up for the future too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd had a bad time - but didn't know about the burglary! You seem to have had one thing after another hit you full on! Glad Colin is responding well to treatment and yur Mum has some good carers. Looking forward to seeing you at Stevenage! The bracelet is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, Lucy - you really have been through the mill. So glad to hear that Colin is responding well to treatment, and that with the regular care arrangements in place, you are starting to find some balance for yourself again. I'm not sure yet whether I'll be at Stevenage, but I'll keep you posted.

    Genius inspiration over at PA this evening, by the way!
    Hugs,
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of all you've all been through lately Lucy! Glad to hear things have settled down, and Colin's treatment is going well. Hope to see you at Stevenage.
    Your bracelet is stunning, lovely to see you blogging again.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous ... so happy that you find a new balance in your life. Big bear hugs Petra. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popped in to say that I love your creative and very clever bracelet. So sorry to read the bottom half of the post...x

    ReplyDelete