Thursday 9 April 2015

Yellow, Purple, and a touch of Blue - 3 Up and Grungepaste Challenge for PaperArtsy


Last night I was 'curator' to 3 very talented 3 uppers over on the PaperArtsy blog - Miriam Grazier, Sandie Cottee, and Jane Castle. They did me proud, with three very different but equally beautiful projects on my chosen colour palette of Yellow, Purple, and a touch of Blue. I'd love you to pop over and see what they made here.http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2015/04/spring-2015-3up-purples-yellows-and.html I wasn't sure if anyone would want to join my 'team' - throw back to days of not being chosen for netball! - so I thought I'd better make something in the colourscheme just in case Leandra asked me to make up the numbers. I thought it would do as a Grunge Paste challenge entry if it wasn't needed!!

I started with an 8 x 8 piece of grey board. I'm a bit late to the party with grey board. I thought 'how special can it be?', but I'm hooked now. It is so lovely to work with, and doesn't buckle when you add lots of wet mediums to it. It's so easy to be able to grab pre-cut pieces that don't need any preparation as they have a white 'stampable' surface. I used a stencil with one inch grids on it and applied Grunge Paste through it and then stamped into it with a Lin Brown flower and text rubbed with water, and various of my icing tools to make little lines and circles. I then painted the whole piece with the various new mauves to create an ombre effect. I used a leaf stamp and Lin Brown leaf stencil and some stamps tone on tone over the whole piece and highlighted the grunge paste texture with Treasure Gold in White Fire.


The centre piece is Stampbord painted with Frescos with one of the new Lynne Perrella stamps and some scratching back, and some pieces of PaperArtsy damask and script tissue. I covered some Eclectica chipboard with Grunge Paste tinted with Frescos and stamped into it for the tulips, and added some shrink plastic JoFY flowers to the half backed spools. I hope they will have some more of the spools at Ally Pally on Sunday as I really NEED them! Give me a shout if you will be there; I'm very friendly.


I finished off with some photo corners from the pack of chipboard pieces I bought from Poundland, painted with Slate Fresco.

I am entering this into the PaperArtsy Grunge Paste challenge.

I wonder who I should give this to????

8 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, Lucy!! So sorry I won't be there on Sunday, hope you have a great time. I promise to leave some stuff on the shelves on Saturday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Lucy! Just love those colours. hope to see you on Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely colour palette, so soft and beautiful. I love the Garden of Dreams you have created with this LP image and the chipboard shapes - very nice texture from the GP too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so lovely with so many interesting textures x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creation Lucy - love the composition on this and the contrasting imagery. Going Sunday too - maybe see you there! Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I don't approve of your reason for making it (of course you had team members, and they did you proud!) - but I'm still glad you did! Beautiful canvas - I just love those little gilded panels - so inventive, and the colours work so well, especially for Spring.

    Look forward to seeing you on Sunday, I hope. Will be on the stand round lunchtime for sure!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your choice of colours! The stamped texture is great and it frames the LP lady beautifully.

    ReplyDelete