Saturday 25 April 2015

Gothic Arch Niche for Paper Artsy Challenge


I made this for the PaperArtsy current theme which is Niches. I do like a good Niche! I die cut a gothic arch shape and covered it with some of the Chatsworth paper I had previously transferred onto canvas for a bit of texture and roughed up the edges, and stencilled on some Lin Brown leaves with Grunge Paste mixed with Hey Pesto. The niche was a compartment box from embellishments and I covered it with PaperArtsy Damask tissue. I coloured the Stampbord pieces with Portfolio pastels and stamped them with various gorgeous Lynne Perrella images and did a bit of scratching back for some white highlights.

I then set about making some shrink plastic flowers!  I used JoFy and Darcy flowers and Lin Brown leaves, and the pink one on the right hand edge is from the brand new French JoFY set. Love this!

To finish off I coloured a metal charm with Treasure Gold in ice fire and added a Lynne Perrella image to the centre. I call this the Alison Bomber angel as I had this stamp already and hadn't noticed the detail of this gorgeous angel until Alison brought it out in her beautiful stained glass samples. I thought the frame really highlighted it as it is only tiny!

I am entering this into the PaperArtsy Niches challenge.

17 comments:

  1. Wunderschön, ich bin begeistert.
    Ein kleines Meisterwerk!

    Liebe Grüße
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lucy! Love the LP faces for something like this & the shrink pieces are lovely. I actually started something using LP faces late last night but might not get chance to finish it for the challenge. Well done for recycling the packaging by the way;-)

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, love the contrast of the pops of colour on the stone base x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely niche! all the work and details that went into it... very impressive. The shrink plastic flowers are great as embellishments as is the little angel frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great arch shape and niches. Love the shrink plastic flowers too. Julie G

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project, Lucy. I love niches in all forms and Lynne Perrella is the perfect choice of stamp for a niche project, I think, I also really love how detailed this is and the variety of textures you have used. There is so much to admire and enjoy in it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fresh green leaves tie your project together beautifully Lucy! Perfect combination of arches, LP images and niches! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful piece Lucy.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a gorgeous project! Lovely details and your shrink works are amazing. Beautiful the color scheme too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colours and a great way to use up an empty box!! so glad you had time to play.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glorious niches, Lucy - the stone exterior and the fabulous vivid colours glowing from within... I love the idea of her being Alison Bomber's angel - it's definitely my favourite LP image of all time!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, some great techniques.
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exquisite Lucy, i hope you will hang this somewhere in a niche as it is so beautiful. Loving all the shrink plastic embellishments and it seems Stampboard is back with a vengeance. I have some that i have squirrelled away, might be time to dust off the packets lol :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete