Thursday 27 November 2014

Wooden Advent Calendar with JoFY Bauble Stamps from Paper Artsy


I have made this wooden advent calendar for my dear friend, Pauline's, great grandson. I used Jo Firth Young's stamps for Paper Artsy, sets 27 and 28 with the Baubles and the Mini 07 with the Snowflakes. It's very large so it took a long time to do all the painting and sanding! I painted the sides and the drawers with Plum fresco and then with Crackle, and then Turquoise, and sanded to reveal a bit more of the Plum. I stamped Joy and Ho Ho Ho! and Snowflakes in Snowflake fresco on the drawers and the sides.


I made shrink plastic baubles from both the sets and painted them with watered down frescos.
I used an LED tealight at the top with a bit of canvas trim painted with Turquoise and then another shrink plastic bauble added.

Although it took a long time, it is sturdy so I'm hoping it will last for future years!


11 comments:

  1. WOW Lucy that is one huge Advent Calendar, am loving the colours and images you have used, so stunning. It will last for ages i am sure and what a wonderful and thoughtful present for your Friend's Great Grandson. A treasure indeed :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just GORGEOUS Lucy, really well done!.. You know I always love your stuff. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks stunning, such beautiful colours, One for him to treasure x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is fantastic. I am sure it will be treasured for years to come. I have a similar advent calender, but I haven't yet got round to decorating it - it seems a hugh task every time I think about. I might start now, I then may have it finished for next year, lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew! What a labour of love! This looks superb! I would have been so excited to have had an advent calender like this as a child! It looks beautiful and it will be treasured for years to come, I have no doubt. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loads of work there Lucy ! The finished piece looks fab and I am sure it will be used for years !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing project and fabulous advent gift to receive.
    Sorry I haven't been around in ages but life took over particularly with workshops which have been far more time consuming than I thought they would be, but lesson learned lol.
    Hope all is well with you.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous, he 'll love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a perfect use for the bauble stamp - and brilliant weathering... Gorgeous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolute treasured possession this is going to be! It's wonderful Lucy and I'm sure will be loved for many years.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete