Thursday 17 July 2014

Meg the Peg Inspired by Penny Nuttall for Paper Artsy

This week Penny Nuttall brought us three kinds of Art Dolls! Adorable! Well, I had to join in, didn't I? So here is Meg the Peg. She is made from a large peg which was in my Monster Mondays box when Paper Artsy was doing them, as I like self-supporting art dolls.

All the elements are from Lynne Perrella sets apart from the bird cage skirt and corset which are Hot Picks. I used feathers for her arms, and boots on clear shrink plastic for her legs so that I could turn them over to make a left and a right, otherwise she would walk funny. I painted the cardstock with Nougat first and then coloured with Fibralo, which as Darcy says, blend beautifully over Frescos and are very vibrant. I added hooks (as in 'hooks and eyes') to the corset and pearls for her earrings.

I am entering her into this week's challenge. Thank you, Penny, for such fun!

20 comments:

  1. Meg the Peg looks a lot like a young Margaret Thatcher, she is awesome.

    Wonderful doll Lucy, you have a fantastic imagination. Great colours too, well done!

    :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg looks like a classy lady Lucy. She has come together beautifully. Like the addition of hooks on her corset and the shrink plastic feet to be able to reverse one is very clever. She is lovely. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's brilliant Lucy. As I was reading the post I thought she looked like Margaret Thatcher too, lol! Love thee birdcage for her skirt!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your Meg Lucy ! Fab design and love the elements you have used !

    ReplyDelete
  5. very clever, love Meg the Peg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is brilliant, Lucy! I adore all the lovely little details and how you have used the Lynne Perrella and Hot Picks images! This is such a beautiful, fun make! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice, love that she's on a peg. i have some of those somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A clever and fun design Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun Lucy! What an imaginative art doll with lots of clever details. Love it. P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is lovely Lucy! and lot of great idea in it. I love her sorrow feathers arms xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Meg the Peg! Adorable project, Lucy. Enjoy the weekend, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Meg the Peg is a classy looking lady! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, it's really lovely Lucy!!! :) Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Lucy, you shows beautiful works on your site!
    I would like to invite you to my creative side:
    http://www.hobby-crafts-and-paperdesign.eu/en/
    Please leave me a message on my shop, it makes me very happy!
    Have fun looking. Many Greetings from Marina

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh Lucy your Meg the Peg is brilliant!! what a gret idea to have her on the peg so she can stand on her own 2 feet (or boots) lol. Lovely bright colours too..can't wait to have a go at this challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely love Meg the Peg - so clever to mount her so that she can pop upright to say hello. Lovely colour palette with such zingy warmth to it. Fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adore her! I love the colours you have used and such a clever idea to make her stand up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a fantastic idea using a peg, I would never of thought of that and the shrink plastic boots are so creative. I havent really tried the pens on the paint, only for smudging, I shall have to paint lots of sheets to go camping with lol :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete