Sunday 27 July 2014

Celebrate Burlap Panel - Gio's New Stamps for Crafty Individuals

Today I am celebrating the lovely Giovanna Zara's new stamps for Crafty Individuals with this mini burlap panel. Gio has brought out two stamp designs and Crafty Individuals have also launched some other new designs including a fabulous bicycle, and you can read all the details here.

For my make I mainly used this set which is on special offer at £3.70 - isn't that amazing! But I also used the bird cage from this set, so the two work really well together. I added a little door onto the birdcage. I added the word Celebrate from another Crafty Individuals' set as I was so delighted to toast Gio's success! I have stamped all the pieces onto various Crafty Individuals' background papers and cut them out.

Just wanted to mention the technique in the central section which I picked up from an absolutely beautiful blog which I now subscribe to called Layers of Ink by a very talented lady called Anna-Karin. Here is the link to the technique which Alison, Butterfly, drew our attention to, and I know I will return to it time and again.

Well done, dear Gio, and glad to have recently added the word 'Dalek' to your ever-growing English vocabulary!

13 comments:

  1. Such a lovely make with Gio's pretty stamps - and the burlap panel looks gorgeous. So glad you made your way to Anna-Karin's - I think she's a genius!!

    Hope you're enjoying a lovely Sunday.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lucy - I must get those stamps. Just looking at your sidebar I think we must live quite close by!
    Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I must check out Anna-Karin! You have intrigued me! How talented Gio is! These stamps look really pretty! I love your colour scheme and composition on this, Lucy! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucy - Basingstoke too! Thanks for following me by the way. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous,love the fab image and great details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab piece of art Lucy !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful piece Lucy.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous canvas with Gio's stamps!! She will be glad seeing it! and I love Ana-Karin too... thanks for the link to the technique, I will have a look at it a bit later I think. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Lucy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful burlap panel! The soft background turned out wonderfully. Thank you so much for the sweet words and the link to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make me smile, Lucy :-)!
    And wow, you mixed my stamps in a beautiful way. I would really like to celebrate, but I am in a middle of a moving, hope to catch up very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, Lucy. The burlap panel looks amazing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely panel and fab images Lucy! xx

    ReplyDelete