Saturday 22 June 2013

Carol Quance Inspired Lynne Perella Card


This week on the Paper Artsy blog they have one of my favourite designers as guest, Carol Quance. Carol has made a tag book, showcasing different techniques and using Thorndon Hall papers, and a stunning canvas. I am still hoping to get the canvas done in time if I either stay up late or get up early, but I have used elements of both for my card as I thought it would be useful to have a few more cards in my stash.

I loved the Thorndon Hall papers so I went ahead and ordered some and used two of the designs on my card, together with a Lynne Perella image which I coloured with Distress Inks. I used the harlequin stencil with grunge paste which Carol used on her canvas, with some Ice Fire. I added a feature Carol used which I couldn't wait to try - using the Tim Holtz pediment die on shrink plastic! I shrank it with gold embossing powder and stamped the Script mini into it when it was molton, and used the same stamp over the backing paper in two shades of mauve.


I edged the paper with the Tim Holtz distresser and folded back one corner so you could see the other side, and popped a bit of text behind it. I cut a Gothic arch die (thanks Petra!) from another sheet of Thorndon Hall to pop behind the main image which offset it well - how often does Petra come to my rescue, have you noticed?! Then I popped the whole lot on a Kraft card blank.

I am entering this into this week's Paper Artsy challenge.

6 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card. I love the colours and the background is very effective with the Lynne Perrella image, which is beautifully coloured. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Lucy--wonderful image, and the turned down corner is the perfect touch!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lucy. I do like the way you've matched the mauve on your LP image to the Thorndon Hall backing paper and a really neat touch turning the corner back. Lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've eyed those papers for ages - lovely to see them in action... and I love the tinting of the LP image to match - gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super card Lucy, love the colour and stamp you have used.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, a good idea to translate Carole's inspiration - think I will try that in a future PA challenge !

    ReplyDelete