Saturday, 15 June 2013
Canvas Inspired by France Papillon for Paper Artsy
Over on the Paper Artsy blog, France Papillon has returned as Guest Designer this week with some great projects! I was particularly inspired to join in the challenge this week by this particular make, where she suggested brayering Grunge Paste onto a canvas - the texture is amazing and I dashed into my craft room to try it. It is definitely something I will do again on other surfaces. I like the way when you add your Frescos over the top, the striated surface visually blends the colours.
I have taken several elements of France's project, the bottles, the bookplate, the keyhole, the background and colours, and the heart. I painted my background with Green Olives, Hey Pesto, Guacamole, Limelight, Toad Hall, and then a few streaks of Metallic Glaze. I dry brushed the edges with French Roast to frame it. I also stamped with the script from LP 014 in Coffee Archival which added a bit more texture. I applied grungepaste to the die cut bookplate and applied the green paints and the French Roast and a little Ice Fire Treasure Gold (well, I've got some now!). For the inside of the bookplate I stamped the woman from LP 014 and painted her with Vintage Lace and Pumpkin. I added jump rings and a piece of chain.
I made the key hole out of clay and painted it with Beach Hut and a touch of Pumpkin and some more Ice Fire.
For the flower I used some tissue paper which I stamped with the two different sizes of 'flower' with the man/clock design from Hot Picks HP 1004 using Pumpkin and a little Autumn Fire and made them into a flower and added a little Spiced Marmelade DI around the edges. I added some pieces of pearl trim and a metal leaf. I had some fabric leaves too which I stamped in Coffee Archival with the leaves from HP 1004 and the script from LP 014
I stamped the bottles Mini MN 63 twice in Coffee Archival and painted them with Green Olives and Hey Pesto, with shading with French Roast. I cut them out and covered them liberally with Crackle Glaze and zapped them with the heat gun to give a cracked and bubbly glass effect. I finished off with a little heart made from a mould, to match the key hole.