Saturday 15 June 2013

Canvas Inspired by France Papillon for Paper Artsy


Over on the Paper Artsy blog, France Papillon has returned as Guest Designer this week with some great projects! I was particularly inspired to join in the challenge this week by this particular make, where she suggested brayering Grunge Paste onto a canvas - the texture is amazing and I dashed into my craft room to try it. It is definitely something I will do again on other surfaces. I like the way when you add your Frescos over the top, the striated surface visually blends the colours.


I have taken several elements of France's project, the bottles, the bookplate, the keyhole, the background and colours, and the heart. I painted my background with Green Olives, Hey Pesto, Guacamole, Limelight, Toad Hall, and then a few streaks of Metallic Glaze. I dry brushed the edges with French Roast to frame it. I also stamped with the script from LP 014 in Coffee Archival which added a bit more texture.  I applied grungepaste to the die cut bookplate and applied the green paints and the French Roast and a little Ice Fire Treasure Gold (well, I've got some now!). For the inside of the bookplate I stamped the woman from LP 014 and painted her with Vintage Lace and Pumpkin. I added jump rings and a piece of chain.

I made the key hole out of clay and painted it with Beach Hut and a touch of Pumpkin and some more Ice Fire.


For the flower I used some tissue paper which I stamped with the two different sizes of 'flower' with the man/clock design from Hot Picks HP 1004 using Pumpkin and a little Autumn Fire and made them into a flower and added a little Spiced Marmelade DI around the edges. I added some pieces of pearl trim and a metal leaf. I had some fabric leaves too which I stamped in Coffee Archival with the leaves from HP 1004 and the script from LP 014


I stamped the bottles Mini MN 63 twice in Coffee Archival and painted them with Green Olives and Hey Pesto, with shading with French Roast. I cut them out and covered them liberally with Crackle Glaze and zapped them with the heat gun to give a cracked and bubbly glass effect. I finished off with a little heart made from a mould, to match the key hole.

13 comments:

  1. Very cool! I adore the little crackled bottles. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this does seem to have worked well! I love it - the LP lady fits so well into the bookplate and those bottles look just great! Your boldness with the Crackle really paid off! So glad you are enjoying your kitchen. Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great canvas, love your bottles

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your textured greens, and the bottles look fabulous! Great canvas...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your interpretation of Frances' project Lucy..I had run out of grunge paste so couldn't join in this one...love that book plate and the stamped image!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy this looks amazing, what a fabulous interpretation of France's projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful canvas ! The glass effect on the bottles look is very effective, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful canvas Lucy with some great techniques. I love the feel of this one. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your interpretation, Lucy. The brayered grunge looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wow wow amazing canvas, I love the colours and the texture is gorgeous. Love the clay keyhole it really looks like metal:-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow , I love your interpretation Lucy, you compelled me to try , too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Such fabulous texture! I love your canvas Lucy! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous piece Lucy, love the techniques.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete