Wednesday 16 November 2011

Livestock - Gingersnap Creations Challenge


Today's new challenge launching on Gingersnap Creations Blogspot is Livestock, as part of their On The Farm month. I only have one suitable stamp for anything of this kind and I'm not afraid to use it lots! It's the chicken stamp from Crafty Individuals, CI 289. I bought the little hen coop with its chicken wire door at my fave shop in France. I covered it with texture paste and painted it with green and purple paints - sorry there isn't some deep and artistic meaning behind my colour choice, I was just in a green and purple mood! I covered the roof with glue from my hot glue gun and slung the raffia on to mimic a thatched roof and added more to the floor for the chickens to lay their eggs on.

I stamped out the image twice and kept it whole for the back of the hen house. I coloured it with Pro Markers and glazed the wing feathers with Glossy Accents. Finally I stamped another image and cut out the chickens to run around outside.

I've never used raffia before and if I had had any sense I would have entered it for the Raffia challenge on GSC last week, but no that would be far too logical and would suggest I know in advance what I am going to make! It is a fun product though so I'm sure I will use it again.

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this Lucy very quirky and fun great project. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can see we are going to be having fresh eggs at yours, lol. This is fabulous, in fact it's Cock-a-doodle-do, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, the hens are fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again I sit here amazed! Love your little hen house! You may not have had many stamps for this, but you sure rocked the challenge! Love this and the green and purple are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lucy. Truly fab. Really creative.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic creation - love the chicken coop!!! Love the roof and the chickens out the front - such a fun piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! What a fab roof. And it makes me feel good to know you too can forget which challenge might apply when!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Lucy. Love the raffia roof

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet and so original, love the colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fantastic, absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous little house and beautifully made! x

    ReplyDelete