Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Gingersnap Creations Challenge - Far East - Fans Wall Hanging




The theme for Gingersnaps for April is the Far East, and this week we are featuring Fans. The other week Deb and I went to a huge car boot sale and I bought these fan earrings for 20p with the challenge in mind. I liked the metal tassel as I thought it was quite 'Tim Holtz'.

I cut the Japanese calligraphy paper with the Tim Baroque die, and coloured the Geisha (Crafty Individuals) with Pro Markers in colours to match the background paper. I then added some shrink plastic flowers and a butterfly, and an I Ching coin made with friendly plastic in an art mould. I then cut a metal embellishment in half and used it top and bottom, added some hand dyed ribbon, and then added the earring at the bottom, to make a hanging.

22 comments:

  1. Great little hanging Lucy !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hanging Lucy.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty.
    Did you make the mould from the belt you bought?
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Brilliant use of those earrings Lucy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, now I see. Love the hanging :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asolutely a gorgeous hanging! Love that fan! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. Love how you've used a different die shape. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this the shape looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous hanging Lucy, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely indeed! I used to have some earrings like that in the 80s!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great piece, Lucy--love the shape!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unique shape, love the fact that it hangs.
    Gorgeous colours! gerri

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful and so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very pretty, and like Gerri I like that it's a hanging x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful little hanging - love those earrings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful hanging Lucy. Wow! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous hanging, Lucy! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete