Wednesday 20 April 2011

Gingersnap Creations Challenge - Far East - Fans Wall Hanging




The theme for Gingersnaps for April is the Far East, and this week we are featuring Fans. The other week Deb and I went to a huge car boot sale and I bought these fan earrings for 20p with the challenge in mind. I liked the metal tassel as I thought it was quite 'Tim Holtz'.

I cut the Japanese calligraphy paper with the Tim Baroque die, and coloured the Geisha (Crafty Individuals) with Pro Markers in colours to match the background paper. I then added some shrink plastic flowers and a butterfly, and an I Ching coin made with friendly plastic in an art mould. I then cut a metal embellishment in half and used it top and bottom, added some hand dyed ribbon, and then added the earring at the bottom, to make a hanging.

22 comments:

  1. Great little hanging Lucy !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely little creation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hanging Lucy.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty.
    Did you make the mould from the belt you bought?
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Brilliant use of those earrings Lucy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, now I see. Love the hanging :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asolutely a gorgeous hanging! Love that fan! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty. Love how you've used a different die shape. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this the shape looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous hanging Lucy, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely indeed! I used to have some earrings like that in the 80s!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great piece, Lucy--love the shape!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unique shape, love the fact that it hangs.
    Gorgeous colours! gerri

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful and so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very pretty, and like Gerri I like that it's a hanging x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful little hanging - love those earrings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful hanging Lucy. Wow! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous hanging, Lucy! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete