Friday 5 February 2016

Button Heart Canvas for PaperArtsy Hearts Challenge




The current challenge on PaperArtsy is Hearts. I had some gold tissue left from Christmas so I used it to cover an 8 x 8 box canvas to give a really rich gold. I wanted to make a heart shape purely out of buttons, painted with Fresco paints. I used pink and purple shades and some blends, Bougainvillea, Pansy, Lavender, Purple Rain, Rose, and Orchid. I also used a wash of colour on some book page and stamped the tiny 'flowers' from Sara Naumann Eclectica 17 to pop in the centre of a few of the buttons for some variation. I love this set!

I am entering the challenge which is here. Do pop over and see the current new product releases and gorgeous samples which are being shown all week on the blog!

5 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, Lucy. Love the buttons, they are beautiful.. Hope you're doing ok! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use up some stash! Have you got too many buttons per chance? If you do, don't worry you're not alone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The button heart is a lovely idea - and the tiny flower stamped ones look brilliant.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete