Friday 15 January 2016

Slide Mailer for PaperArtsy Transparent Art Theme


Over on PaperArtsy the Challenge Theme is Transparent Art. I thought I would decorate a slide mailer, using the microscope slides as the transparent aspect. I used the Hot Picks stamp set, HP1009. I love the flowers from this set. I also used the script from HP 1304. I painted the slidemailer with Blush Fresco and then added a little Orchid to it to stamp the script. I stamped the slides themselves with the flowers in Frosting Glaze fresco, although it's difficult to see. I then stamped the small flower from the set onto packaging acetate which I'd saved, in Jet Black staz-on and painted it from behind and cut them out. I used Golden Gel Matte to adhere the slides to some scraps of Thorndon Hall paper (wish you could still get this) on which I had stamped some of the script in the Orchid mix. I used some more scraps of the paper for the back of the lid, with some velvet ribbon.


For the front I simply cut a really beautiful piece of the Thorndon Hall paper which had cherubs on it, and made a cherub out of a mould and clay, and painted it with gold paint. I might put a mirror on the inside of this; I think it would be pretty and useful on my dressing table at Mum's as my colourscheme is purple and pinks.

I am entering this into the PaperArtsy transparent challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Ooo! beautiful project Lucy. Have a lovely weekend.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I haven't seen Sliders in a long time I'd forgotten about them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!
    I was thinking of using some of that caught in crystal that I made at your house :-)
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project, love the subtle colours Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Lucy - I've never really understood what a slide mailer is, but I love the idea of the microscope slides, and I think it would look lovely with a mirror casting extra light around.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous piece and very pretty your images. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slide mailer is a bit of a foreign language to me Lucy....but I love your delicate, beautiful work! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving what you created with the slide mailer, Lucy. The perfect choice of stamps made it elegant and a really memorable piece! A lovely entry for Transparent art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Such a gorgeous design, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete