Wednesday 30 September 2015

Vintage Gloves for PaperArtsy Wearable Art Challenge


Over on the PaperArtsy blog the theme is Wearable Art which really appeals to me. I decorated some vintage gloves a while ago and was really pleased with the outcome so I decided to have another go, this time with a recent Hot Picks stamp release. The gloves are genuine vintage delicate white kid, made in France according to the label. I stamped in Archival Coffee and painted the flowers with Frescos, adding Satin Glaze to make them more translucent so that I didn't cover any of the stamped detail. I used Hey Pesto for the leaves and stems, Zesty Zing for the centre of the flowers, and Autumn Fire and some highlights of Bougainvillea for the petals.

I hope you like!

I am entering the challenge which is here.

11 comments:

  1. Lucy, I adore these! If you were to sell these in a trendy little shop somewhere like Spitalfields, I reckon they would go like hot cakes! The stamps and the colours are absolutely perfect together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these gloves are fabulous. What a great idea! Love the stamping and the colours you've used and on genuine kid gloves, so soft and so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Lucy - these are exquisite!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh these are beautiful and would be a joy to wear, you could sell these somewhere very trendy Lucy for a mint X

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I bet your heart was in your mouth when you did the stamping! What a fabulous result though. They really are beautiful. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are stunning, and I really didn't know you could stamp and paint onto kid gloves - what a revelation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! I don't think I'd be brave enough to stamp onto vintage gloves Lucy, but you did a fabulous job!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete