Sunday 18 January 2015

Damask Tissue Canvas for Paper Artsy Fragile Papers Challenge


This is another project I made when I was playing with the Paper Artsy printed tissue when it first came out, which I am entering into the Fragile Papers challenge. I covered one of their 8 x 8 inch block canvases with a piece of the Damask tissue and lightly gessoed it, and then stencilled the flowers with Fresco mixed with Grungepaste onto the Script tissue and tore round it, and applied it to the canvas. I stamped the words, 'Flora and Fauna' onto a piece of twill bottom right. The flowers bottom left and top right have been stamped with Frescos onto canvas sheet and frayed at the edges, and I've given them a bit of support and movement with packaging acetate. I finished off with one of the resin flowers you can get from Paper Artsy at shows, rubbed with Treasure Gold in White Fire.

14 comments:

  1. ooh this looks gorgeous... not got the tissue with the damask pattern on it.... yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice way of using the damask tissue. Loving the stamped twill sentiment! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the effect of the Gesso over the damask tissue. That makes such an effective background. I also like your idea of using acetate packaging for reinforcement and movement - a great tip. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic canvas Lucy, love the mix of pastel and bright colours :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such great ideas Lucy. Fabulous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like that you knocked the damask pattern back a bit, its such a cool pattern but can really take over, so that was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum... I bought the tissue in everything but the Damask and now I see the error of my ways! A gorgeous canvas, with that vintage script layered in and pretty spring flowers.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks wonderful and so delicate! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you liked the samples... for me it would be LPC034 every time - the little trio of book page lovelies, the side profile with angel in the head-dress (pretty sure that's my favourite LP image ever), and the facing-us face - who reminds me quite a lot of you!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great alteration of bottle with Paper Artsy stamps, Lucy. It looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't understand why I missed all these beautiful creations, Lucy! I love the use of the tissue - damask is my favourite and it looks super on this! I am trying to catch up with all you've been doing and I'm so thrilled to see it, but worried about having missed so much too! xxx

    ReplyDelete