Tuesday 30 September 2014

Homes and Gardens Canvas Inspired by Jo Firth Young



I loved the triptych of houses made by lovely Jo Firth Young, Designer for Paper Artsy, and thought I would use up some of the sheets of Chatsworth transferred onto canvas I had left, together with some canvas arches I had had in my stash for ages which I thought would work great for houses, with some more Chatsworth transferred onto them. I used Paper Artsy script tissue as the base of my canvas with some stencilling. At the bottom I used Darcy's grasses stamp and I found to add depth it works well if you turn it upside down and just use the bottom part along the edge for some stumpy grass. For the doors and chimney I have used some Thorndon Hall canvas, with painted buttons. The flowers on the far ends are made as per my blog post here.

I am entering this into the September challenge here.

14 comments:

  1. Great canvas Lucy, love your houses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous canvas, hope you are keeping well XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Lucy, loving your houses and the little button door knobs - very cute! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the combination of different stamp styles on this wonderful canvas.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful canvas, loving the buttons and the little chimney very much :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew, having a job keeping up with you, Lucy! I'm out of breath. You are just burgeoning creativity at the moment. I really love this take on Jo's little houses. What a lovely use of your canvas technique. I've loved all the projects you've linked up this month. Your blog has been a visual feast! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful canvas, Lucy! Love the beads on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous canvas Lucy! Love the mixed of paper and stamped images!
    I'm sorry we hadn't the time to chat a little bit on Saturday at the Barn, I hope to have the chance next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the earthy colour tones, and the adorable trio of houses - what a lovely canvas.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy, this is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Lucy thanks so much for stopping by my nest, I just love triptych too and the one you have created with the canvas and Gothic doors is gorgeous and full of imagination, love the grasses on the bottom, beautiful flowers, its just fabulous, thanks for sharing it, hope you have a wonderful weekend,...

    ReplyDelete