Sunday 13 April 2014

All The World's A Stage - Inspired by Julie Ann Lee for Paper Artsy



This week on Paper Artsy sees the return of the very clever Julie Ann Lee as Guest Designer. This week Julie Ann has drawn on the dramatic arts for her inspiration and produced an amazing theatrical journal over three nights, which begins here. I am not a journaller but I really wanted to make something inspired by Julie Ann and the gorgeous Lynne Perrella stamps she has used, so I used a 'stage' shaped wooden frame instead.

I painted some cardstock as Julie Ann had done, following her colours, and stamped the houses from LP028, and the 'Marie Antoinette' figure as I am calling her from LP001. I thought I had the stamp set Julie Ann had used for her actors and looked in vain! I loved the way she had stamped the two figures from LPC015 on the butterfly shape so I copied this. I stamped the collage from LP030 on cardstock painted with Vanilla and then painted it with translucent shades of Fresco. I loved the William Blake quote Julie Ann had used from ELB05 and I didn't have this set so I promptly ordered it!

I used some dew drops on the arch to represent the stage lights and the curtains are pieces of organza. I had intended to have the full William Blake quote in the centre of the frame but I liked the collage so much I didn't want to obscure it. In the end I decided that Marie Antoinette would be holding the rolled script in her hand whilst waiting in the wings behind the curtain. Why she should be in this particular guise, wearing a ship on her head is anyone's guess, but at least she no longer has a shell for an umbrella - I snipped that off!

I am entering the Paper Artsy challenge which is here.

13 comments:

  1. It's delightful a Lucy. Colours look fantastic and the dewdrops are a brilliant idea. Love your actress waiting in the wings. Truly inspired. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, such lovely colours, really vibrant and eyecatching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lucy, this is gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along! The curtains look wonderfully theatrical and I love the way you used and coloured that LPC stamp - stunning and vivid: it really brings out the interesting detail in each individual little image! I really am delighted that you found my project inspiring and that you produced such an imaginative and detailed response - really impressive! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Lucy, such a creative piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful iece Lucy, love it!! Beautifully put together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you won, huge congrats Lucy, it's a well deserved win! Beautifully thought through, bright colours and very lovely. Well done Lucy:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning showpiece, Lucy - gloriously theatrical in colour and design, and those tiny images look just brilliant tinted so beautifully - love it!!
    Alison xx
    And a well-deserved win too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab stuff Lucy, love the design and especially the colours !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours, great design. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's outstanding, Lucy! Love the colours and details, along with the organza!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful LP stamp you colored and fab drops used on the arch. I love the red tulle curtain. So sorry late commented.
    Etsuko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful take on Lin's creation. I like your stage shaped presentation and wonderful stamping too.

    ReplyDelete