Sunday 2 October 2011

Crafty Individuals' October Challenge - Winged Things - Hallowe'en Bottle

Crafty Individuals have just announced the theme for the October challenge which is 'Winged Things'. I hope you will join in! I decided to make something with a Hallowe'en feel to it, to be seasonal, and also to use the rather sinister-feeling raven stamp in a spooky churchyard which they recently brought out. I had also wanted for a while to make an altered bottle, so I have combined the two into this:-


I used grungepaper wings cut from a die kindly lent to me by Alison, and cut into them a bit more to make them look more like the ones on the stamp. The fake blood is red Crystal Lacquer, and to echo the barbed wire on the stamp, I wrapped the whole bottle in wire, cut some tiny pieces of it, and twisted them around at intervals. The skull and crossbones is a Grungeboard Element, and I added white opaque pen and red blood for some more definition, and a skull charm on the bottle top.

The fun thing about altering bottles is it is such a cheap and accessible medium, and very addictive (another one coming soon!).

This is a bit different to my normal style, I think!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy. Fabulous project. Love your ideas. Really creative.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great creation. The wire on the bottle and the grungepaper are brilliant! JulieD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously altered Lucy, very spook.
    Hope you are feeling better today.
    luv and hugs{brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is great Lucy - quote dark looking - perfect for Halloween! Love that you ahve used a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy, Fabulous altered bottle! The extra cutting of the wings gives a more "sinister" appearance! Was wondering if the skulls embellishment on the bottle top was from a mould? Love this! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gothic feel, love the barbed wire and tattered wings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what's in it but I don't fancy drinking that, LOL. Fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhhh, spooooky ...
    Love it Lucy, fantastic work
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  9. gosh! spooky !!! great piece for winged things x debi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific altered bottle Lucy. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very different and arty !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Very spooky creation Lucy. Just love it.
    Popped over to thank you for your lovely comment and glad I did as this was a fabulous project to greet me.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous spooky creation. I think it is great as I really struggle with anything Halloween. Hope you're feeling better now, and I bet Your sister-in-law loved her bag. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work Lucy and quite a scary bird too
    fab
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truly sinister and quirky altered bottle - stunning creation

    ReplyDelete