Crafty Individuals and Stampalot Challenges - Dressmaker's Shop Front
I thought I would enter this frame for the Stampalot Challenge which is 'It's a Frame up', as I spent longer on the frame for this than on the rest of the piece. I had stamped and cut out lots of Crafty Individuals' images and had them all laid out in front of me with some embellishments too, and then thought, no, enough it enough! I wanted the crackle and shimmer of the frame, and the pink contrasting with the turquoise to show through rather than covering it up. The idea I had in mind was that this is the shop front of a dressmaking and corsetry shop in the 1920s. I stamped the two ladies on white card, then again onto Crafty Individuals' Spring Background papers, and cut out the dresses and hats(which was fiddly!) and paper pieced them back on, and added a very pale Pro Marker fleshtone to the skin. The header was stamped onto Spring Background papers and then cut with a Tim Movers and Shapers mini label die which followed the lines of the stamp and the top of the frame quite nicely. I added some brads and mounted it on silicone glue for a bit of dimension. I then added a clock face taken from a pocket watch, which again followed the shape of the frame, and edged it with German Scrap from Crafty Individuals. The stamps used are CI 324, 306, and 322 . I used Tim Holtz Distress Crackle paint on the frame and then a mixture of Distress Inks for depth of colour and mica shimmer sprays. I liked the pastel shades with the pastel colours of the CI papers. I think it fits quite nicely with the theme I have chosen this month for the Crafty Individuals' Challenge which is 'Hanging Around', as it has a hanging hook on the top. Von, Zoe, and Brenda were here when I was finishing this off and they between them agreed on the row of pearls as a finishing touch. Thanks girls!
If you would like to take an on-line course with me, do please get in touch by e mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. I am currently running one on making your own moulds, examples of which you can see throughout my blog. I will shortly be running one using tissue paper techniques.
I won the Eclectic Paperie Altered Bottle and the Art Doll Challenges