Wednesday 2 March 2011

Perfume Bottle Mould in Frame

I know you have already seen this frame, but the first time I used the original perfume bottle, but showed some I had made up, where I had taken a mould of the bottle. I have now made up another one using air dried clay, painting it with Azure Precious Metal Colour, and using Silver Acrylic Paint to highlight the filigree flower and bottle cap. I was going to fire up the meltpot so I could get more of a transparent style, like glass, with UTEE and blue To Dye For ink, but it is difficult when you have reduced your crafting space to two square inches! I am really pleased with how similar the bottle is now to the original, anyway. I want to give the frame away but as the perfume bottle was a present, I hadn't wanted to use the original one.

12 comments:

  1. I missed your original post with this frame, but OH MY GOSH!!!! it is absolutely stunning....am totally amazed at how authentic the perfume bottle is.....you would never guess this is actually air dry clay!!! hugs, Janey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bottle.
    Lynne x (and the stamp - is that O.I.?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd never know this wasn't the original bottle. Such a fab piece of art. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Lucy, but when you do another one can you make it a gin and tonic........!!
    Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bottle- WOW you'd never know you'd made that- so clever, gorgeous colours too through the bottle and frame x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will never tire of seeing this! Will you listen to Netty! I would thing a bottle of Tequila would be more fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous colors and object, Just love the bottle. Never thought of doing molds on objects I love. Ummmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic so real looking! Those bad bad gals, gin and tonic, now tequlia....hmmm, my fav is Irish Whiskey! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is gorgeous! Love that bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy, this is gorgeous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This has turned out very well! And I know what you mean with the reduction of your crafting space!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete