Thursday 18 November 2010

Reindeer Christmas Cards

I had a lovely day with Alison on Tuesday and we were both making Christmas cards. As you can see I am having a bit of a reindeer craze, as I just got the Tim die, which I've now passed on to Alison:-

Some of the reindeer I have been cutting in mountboard and then triple embossing with a two tone plum embossing powder, from the Stamp Man Moonglow range. I had a thought the other day that if I use it to emboss the sticky side of some white adhesive lace it might make a sort of faux German scrap border, so I used this for the card top right. However, I mainly made this for using around boxes etc, so it will pop up again soon. As you can see, I have also used the negative of the paper I cut some of the dies out of, as it seemed a shame to waste it.

13 comments:

  1. loving your cards and that die - will have to sit on my hands so I dont go spending again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all gorgeous, & I loved watching you make them on tuesday! You always inspire me Lucy!
    Hugs, Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy. Lovely cards you have made. Your craft days with Alison always sound such fun. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! Love those sweet deer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh Lucy, Lucy, Lucy . . . sigh . . . I had decided I could live without this die. Not now, lol. I just had to look. Lovely cards! I'm sold, or rather that die is gonna be! Glad you shared them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you did with that die is totally awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you have done with that die! I have not played with mine, but you sure have inspired me! Beautiful Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aweseom reindeer -- colorful and lively. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are gorgeous! I've been trying to tell myself that I don't "need" that reindeer die, but I'm weakening, severely, LOL! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete