Sunday 30 August 2009

Little Book with Fabric Pages







This was going to be another mirror compact as it has been made in the same way, but I thought I was getting a bit repetitive, so I made some fabric pages and turned it into a little book. I used Crafty Individuals stamps, including the new background on the covers, which is such a fantastic stamp and will, I'm sure, become a favourite. I used some gorgeous Basic Grey Porcelain paper, which was painful to cut into, and then I coloured the fabric with Glimmer Mists and Distress Inks to match it. I then coloured the dominoes to match with Brilliance inks, and pressed them into the portion of the CI background stamp that I wanted, and glazed them with Crackle Glaze (didn't get much crackle, though). I haven't photographed all the pages as you get the general idea, but I then stitched them together and sewed them into the book spine. I was going to go round the edge of the dominoes with the Viva Precious Metal Gold Paint but then I thought, no Lucy, put your hands on your head and walk away from the paint ........!

8 comments:

  1. Stunning piece of work. Glimmer mist is just so versatile. Anesha:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fabric book if gorgeous ! Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see what I want a lesson in next - off to the shops to buy loads of twill!!! This is just beautiful and that CI stamp works great. You were right to keep it in once piece. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy, once again a stunning piece of work. Still madly in love with the Mucha piece. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning little book Lucy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous book Lucy those fabric pages look great

    ReplyDelete