Friday, 23 October 2015
Over on the PaperArtsy blog, the theme is Faces. Definitely outside of my comfort zone by several planets! Wearable art was much more me. I totally commend my lovely friends and fellow bloggers who have had a go and shown such talent and spirit. There was a brilliant intro to the topic where Leandra featured lots of lovely people, many of whom I know and admire, and I would love it if PaperArtsy brought out some more face stamps from amongst the clever people out there that folks like me could use in our crafting. For now I am entering the challenge in a rather desultory way, with this fan, using Japanese faces from the wonderful Lynne Perrella range (022 and 023 and Asian plate 4), using Fresco paints and some Gloss Glaze for a lacquered look.
Friday, 9 October 2015
I decided to decorate a huge plain white silk scarf which Petra kindly gave me. I brayered on lots of colours of Fresco, and then knocked them back with Nougat. I then decorated the edges with the chequerboard stamp from Lin Brown's new set in Bougainvillea.
I chose the colours mainly to go with this chunky necklace from Boden although it is more red in it than pink.
I had a lovely colourful workspace afterwards! You can see the Costa coffee my friend kindly brought me whilst I was 'working'! I've got the best friends ever!
I'm entering this scarf into the PaperArtsy Wearable Art challenge.
Thursday, 8 October 2015
I decorated these espadrilles for the PaperArtsy Wearable Art Challenge. The apron was a bit of a trial run. I used solely the new Limited Edition Lin Brown Fresco colours, some of them mixed to obtain extra colours, and Lin Brown floral stamps.
These aren't very seasonal but they fit well and I will definitely wear them next Spring/Summer and am looking forward to making some to match other outfits. They were very quick and easy.
I am entering them into the challenge which is here.
I've been wanting to make myself an apron for ages and with a Lin Brown class coming up and the Wearable Art theme over on PaperArtsy, it was the push I needed. I knew it needed to be washable so I used a fabric medium mixed in with the Frescos, which I had never done before, a Liquitex one.
I used Lin Brown stamps, new, recent, and slightly older floral and text stamps. It was easier than I thought and I will definitely do a more ambitious design and use a better quality apron next time - I just used a cheap one as I didn't want to mess up one of the £10 heavy weight ones. The only thing is, I preferred my design before I added on and painted the poppy as it looked much more delicate. Less is More, Lucy!
I am entering it into the challenge here.